We want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a vital part of all we do here, and for supporting us during the past two months. We are so excited to see you again and can’t wait to reopen on MAY 18th.
Governor Abbott’s Executive Order has outlined many details and specifications upon reopening gyms in the State of Texas. In order to make this information more accessible to you, we have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) listed below and on our website, that will answer all of your questions regarding our operational changes required by the Governor and the steps we are taking in order to safely reopen.
Both Amarillo Town Club locations will open at 25% occupancy and under Governor Abbott’s guidelines beginning 5am on Monday, May 18, 2020.
(to accommodate cleaning and sanitizing)
- Monday – Friday, 5am to 8pm
- Saturday 7:30am-7:30pm
- Closed Sundays
SAFETY PROTOCOLS – STAFF
Masks: All employees are required to wear masks, except instructors while teaching, and lifeguards while on duty.
Temperature: Staff will be screened daily prior to being allowed to work. Any staff experiencing even minor symptoms will be sent home.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS – MEMBERS
We strongly recommend that all members wear masks or face coverings and full-fingered gloves. If you have been sick or exposed to COVID, please stay home and quarantine appropriately. At this time, NO GUESTS will be allowed inside the club, or at our outdoor pools.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING and SAFE PRACTICES
- Amarillo Town Club will operate at and enforce a 25% occupancy
- Hand sanitation stations are located throughout the clubs – please sanitize and wash your hands frequently
- All equipment has been spaced to accommodate physical distancing
- We will routinely clean/sanitize every piece of workout equipment, weights, and benches
- Cardio equipment will be cleaned between each user and marked with the Clean Card System that was implemented before closure
- Group Exercise equipment will be cleaned between each class
- Arrows, floor markings, and signage will help remind our members and staff where to stand, wait in line, and of general physical distancing requirements – Please be aware of the requirements and follow all guidelines
- Visits limited to 1.5 hours
- Group Exercises will resume May 18th on a modified schedule with limits on attendance
- Virtual Group Exercise classes will continue for those who choose to remain at home
- Some water classes will be offered
Locker rooms will be closed per executive order – restrooms will be available
STEAM ROOMS and HOT TUBS
Will remain closed under the executive order
Nursery will be closed. It is not possible to practice social distancing between staff and babies and between child to child.
Summer-Only Memberships go on sale May 18th
$100/adult $50 per child
Open with capacity restrictions.
NOTE: The Red Cross has suspended new lifeguard certifications due to distancing requirements – pool open days may change or be limited based on lifeguard availability.
Know a certified lifeguard? Send them our way.
- Opens: Saturday, May 23rd
- Occupancy will be enforced at 25% and will be on a first-come, first-served basis
MONDAY thru SATURDAY
NOON – 2:30PM
3:00PM – 6:00PM
At 2:30PM, all members will be expected to leave the pool area. You may regain entry for the 3PM-6PM time, however, if a line has formed, you must get in the back to allow additional members to gain entry. Once capacity is met, we will form a line outside and allow members to enter upon others exiting.
- NO GUESTS ALLOWED
- Family groups must maintain social distance for other groups
- Concession will serve soft drinks and pre-packed snacks only
For capacity status, please feel free to call ahead:
CORNELL POOL: (806) 468-0559
HILLSIDE POOL: (806) 468-0333
Limited Swim Lessons – contact us for details.
PRIVATE POOL PARTIES
Call for details – availability based on lifeguard availability and some limitations may apply.
Only prepackaged food and fountain drinks will be available in concessions.
- Current Members WILL NOT be charged for any portion of the month of May
- This is the LAST CHANCE to join online for $1
- Memberships purchased after May 17th will pay the prorated first month’s dues and initiation fee at the time of enrollment. Both clubs re-open on May 18; initiation fees and prorated first-month dues will be paid at the time of enrollment
- Regular monthly dues will resume June 1, 2020